"And the fundamental mission of motherhood now is the same as it always was: to nurture, protect, and instruct children, to create a home environment that enables them to learn and grow, to help them develop a heart for God and his purposes, and to send them out into the world prepared to live both fully and meaningfully. It's up to us to embrace that mission as our own, trusting God to walk us through the details and to use our willing mothers hands as instruments of his blessing." Sally Clarkson
"Teach by example"
I challenge anyone reading this (i know that's few) to picture yourself at your own funeral (stay with me here) and just be a fly on the wall to be able to hear what people will say about you. No I'm not saying that we need to be concerned about what people think about us that's not what I mean......but what those who TRULY knew you would say about you when you're gone. Hmmmm????? As a Mom I know it's hard to enjoy just being a Mom and that is something that I struggle with......we feel the need to live everything "right now". We can't do it all and I don't want to seem like someone who was worn ragged when my days are through. I want to ENJOY being a Mom, ENJOY being a wife, I love hanging out with my husband and I look forward to having more time with him as our kids get older, I also look forward to possibly having a career someday. Right now though there are 4 beings that require my attention and with me that's 5.....tell me why that is not enough and we feel we have to do more, more, more......... We CHOOSE to have our families.....we CHOOSE to have our kids, yes every situation is different but why do we want these big wonderful families but don't want to spend the time molding them and shaping them and teaching them?
All the things that go on in this brain.......
Thursday, January 28, 2010
another quote
Posted by Hannah at 8:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Great post Hannah!
Post a Comment