Thursday, May 28, 2009

Our Memorial week

My baby is officially 1 year old now and it has been very strange for me to accept that. :( We kept it pretty quiet as far as a party goes just because there was a lot of other things going on for the week (secretly I am in denial) and we wanted to make it as minimal work as possible. He got his quilt from Grandma Ellersick (as is tradition on their 1st birthdays) and it has dinosaurs all over it, he is all about growling these days so it was perfect! :) We were in Boise so she got to give it to him in person so that was very fun, she always does such a great job and it's a very sweet tradition she has started. "Thank you Bonnie for all the hard work you have put in and please know how much they mean to us, you are such a wonderful Grandma and one that we are so blessed to have. We love you!"

So the girls and I drove all day to Boise last Friday and Justin flew with Gavin later than evening (depressing enough we got there about the same time) the trip went very well and uneventful which was very nice. Saturday was Gavins birthday and we played around the town for the day before we had his party.We headed down to the Farmer's Market to check things out, it has been a while since we had been there and of course the kids had to have balloons thanks to fun Aunty Jen. :)

He couldn't have his balloon in the restaurant so he was showing me his mad face....I can just hear him saying....."not nice guys, not nice"......he is a crack up!




Little man was out!We had to make a stop at the fountain for a cool off, my girls are not used to the heat. ;)

The other little girl is my new niece Providence. Gavin loves to sit and bark and growl at the dogs.

Now this cake was SUPPOSED to be a basketball......looks like a pumpkin I know, I really should stop making cakes. He enjoyed it none the less.


And was loving to share.............

It really does not take much to make this little guy happy.

These were a fun treat that Aunt Jen so nicely prepared for us, they are called cake pops and the kids LOVED them!This boy loves music and dancing, we already have a singing Little Mermaid card of Haylee's that he loves and now he has his very own.


Another reason I had gone to Boise was for my Dad's surprise 70th birthday party that we threw for him. I can't believe he is 70, that just seems so surreal to me. He is in really great health and seems to be doing really well right now so that is good. He had a very nice time with everyone I think and seemed very tickled that everyone was there for him. I was wishing all of my siblings could have been there, two were missing, so that we could have gotten some good family pictures. I did my best to take pictures, I was so busy playing catch up with everyone that I forgot.



I did however remember to take pictures of this fabulous cake that my sister in law constructed from SCRATCH......and it's all food! My Dad has a Model A Ford that he has rebuilt and it looks exactly like this. Everyone was in awe of this creation. She would NOT be creating pumpkins instead of basketballs that's for sure! ;)


Here he is with all of the grand kids that were there, we were missing quite a few but it is still fun to see.These are 3 of my nephews, from left: Collin, Michael, and Mark....everyone is saying that Gavin is a mini Mark.

My Uncles and Aunts were there too.
My brother Travis and some of his crew.
Grace and her 2nd cousin Brianna.



This is my brother KC's oldest daughter Aubree with her oldest Brianna.....(sorry Aub I think I may be spelling her name wrong)
Justin got the job of 'holding' the pinata, watch out!Tekyiah


Gavin and NanaI love this picture, it had been a long day for Gavin and he is not one to fall asleep on people so when he did on Grandpa it was very sweet.



The rest of the week was spent helping Bonnie with a few spring cleaning things she needed done and playing in the beautiful weather, it was SO nice to have the back yard to let the kids run crazy and have the sun out so they could play in the water.


Lastly it was on to Wendy's house for Memorial weekend. Jen made the trip with me which made it SO much better and the kids did wonderful in the car. We played at Wendy's house all weekend, bbq'd and played some games. It was fun to see everyone!
Peyton is such a little doll, her little cheeks are getting more filled out and because she is so sweet and good you just want to squeeze her! Gavin tried to attack a few times but I think it was all for the bow......he'e been after those from day one.
She is already a little mini Wendy.

All the girls were wonderful and played, played, played......this particular game they were all going to school and waiting to catch the bus.
Breakfast.
Jackson was being the typical ladies man and seranading them all with a tune.
After we left Portland the kiddos and I headed home and met up with Justin is Seattle for a Folk Music Festival that was going on down town all weekend long, it was a very interesting crowd but quite entertaining.
This boy missed his Daddy I think, they were very cute together after their first time apart. ;)

So now we are home and ready to start our summer, halleluiah! :)

0 comments: