Sunday, May 10, 2009

A GREAT day!

Today was a great day all around, my sweet family treated me very well. :) I was awoken to a parade of kids singing "happy mothers day to you".......while presenting me with homemade cards, then they whisked me off to a yummy brunch. We headed over to one of our favorite parks afterwards and played in the sunshine......I am so easy to please really, give me a warm sunny day and good food to eat and I am a happy camper. Grace had this message on the easel when I woke up today that she had been working on for a couple of days and had covered up with the paper so I wouldn't see it.



Family picture, when a strager is taking it you feel bad correcting and taking it again so we deal.

My sweet girl who is just so fun these days. (does not like to listen too well but is still very fun)

My little comedian who is always there to greet me with a smile, she was very sad when she couldn't buy me flowers at the store and was worried I would be upset that she didn't actually "buy" me a present. Gotta lover her!



Grace is so good with Gavin and just gets him giggling like crazy.


It looks like he's about to put her in her place.


On to the water, it was only about 65 and there were kids actually swimming.....crazy!

We are so excited to take this boy to the lake this summer and get him his first taste of water, dirt, and sun........he was actually throwing a fit when we tried to get him away he was having so much fun. Such a boy!



On to some other happening lately since I have been in a blog funk and just not in the mood to do it I have to play catch up....I am starting to see a pattern with these blogs. The girls had their last night of Awanas and Haylee is all done with Cubbies and will move on to Sparks with Grace next year. :) She got her 2nd book award and the finishing touches and badges on her vest. "Way to go Haylee, we are very proud of you kiddo!"


The Sparks do a pinewood derby at the end of the year and because the girls have never been into that we go and support our friends' kids Ben and Brayden. They have great cars and took home the trophey last year, they just missed it this year but still very fun to go watch.


Brayden and Gracie, they are such sweet little friends. :)


Another big day for Haylee last week was her first kindergarten experience. She got to go in to the classroom while they were having class and observe a little bit. Then we got a tour of the school and got to talk to Miss.Hubner who was Graces teacher last year and will more than likely be Haylee's too, she said she will do whatever she can to make sure she gets her. I think that makes Haylee feel a little less nervous. :) I took her to lunch before we went to make it a little more special, we had a very fun day and I can't start thinking about her leaving off to school just yet....I get a little sad. :( All of the sudden they are just........big...and smart, and funny, and capable....wow!


So that is about it these days I think......we are headed to Boise next weekend for the big 1 year for little man, don't get me started on that one.....Haylees big adventure is enough for one post, I can't take it. It may make me want more kids......he he! ;) I will blog about that when we get back.....


Happy mothers day all of you sweet Moms out there reading my blog, thank you for being examples in my life and just being you! I love you all!!!!

1 comments:

Kristin said...

Sounds like you are having all kinds of fun!! I can't believe our little Haylee and Ailey...the rhyming duo...will be Kindergartners next year.

Give Gavin a big kiss for us. Happy Birthday to such a sweet boy!! Have fun in Boise.