We finally managed to get our tree decorated this year and I have to say the girls did a great job at spacing things out. I had to help with the high ones but they did almost all of the ornaments this year, so "way to go girls.....you're hired".......

We had Justin's work Christmas party on Saturday, I had Nicole take a picture of us because we were ACTUALLY dressed up and going out. I am not fond of it but it's proof we can still be somewhat stylin' from time to time. ;)
So the party was at the casino which is about 30 minutes from us and to get there it's a pretty small winding road to the freeway...well as we were heading out it started to snow. Yes-that is just our luck, but we had Nicole staying at our house and the kids were going to bed,we were in no hurry and we figured it would stop before too long. Boy were we wrong.....it snowed and snowed, and snowed the whole time we were gone, by the time we left there it was about 4 inches on the top of our car. I know that it really does not seem too bad but in Washington everyone panics because nobody know what to do on slick roads. So we headed out through the storm, (all the while it has not gotten above about 22 degrees) and all was fine until we get to our neighborhood which is built on a huge mountain, there were roads blocked, cars slid off everywhere, and even in 4 wheel drive our car would not stop sliding down the hills....so what do we do....WALK....what else? Justin in his nice slick dress shoes and no coat and I in my high heeled boots headed down the mountain towards home. It was only about 3/4 of a mile and I was quite amused by it all (Justin not so much) which of course was making it even funnier.....but we made it safe and sound. Well we get home and realize that Nicole is stuck at our house because we have no car and she was not driving hers anywhere, so we made up a bed and she stayed the night. This is about the time we were kicking ourselves for not getting a room at the casino and we would have avoided the whole mess. Oh well, it was memorable right??? ;)
The party was fun, I won this huge monkey which is about the cutes thing ever....I hate stuffed animals but for some reason this one just won me over. ;) It says "Got bananas" on the front and is so soft.....Grace has slept with it every night. Little man is probably a little intimidated by it still.

I don't know why???? ;)

The snow is still here, the temp is not supposed to get above 25 degrees for the whole week and Thursday it's supposed to snow again. The kids and I are home bound while Justin takes the car to work (he finally went up the hill and drove it home after they sanded a little bit) although they don't seem to mind a bit. We have a great street for sledding on and today we had Nicole's kids over and they had a ball out there for hours. This is the third winter so far that we have had snow so bad it just shuts everything down. For our neighborhood I guess they have no snow removal equipment available this year....I am not sure why but I am pretty sure people are not very happy about it. Lots of stranded people on the mountain and it's very cold to be walking anywhere. We however are making the most of it and getting things done around the house which feels good, also cooking seems to help with the boredom so the girls and I are making some goodies and trying some new recipes.......we'll see what happens.



Gavin will be 7 months old tomorrow and he is such a joy and blessing to our family I can't even put it into words. He is very busy but is so good, he just jabbers away at his toys and rolls all over the place to get what he needs. He is loving baby food, now he starts to get excited when I put him in his high chair to eat. He finally has a tooth poking through as of last week so that is something new. :) Tonight he was playing with Grace and being so cute that I wanted to get some pictures, well I bring the camera out and he starts pulling this cheese face whenever I would try and get him to smile for me......it was totally cracking us up.

This one is kind of a wink-wink.


He gives such good smooches these days.

She is such a great big sister, what would he do without all the girlie love this boy gets????

And you gotta love those big blue eyes. :)
We had Justin's work Christmas party on Saturday, I had Nicole take a picture of us because we were ACTUALLY dressed up and going out. I am not fond of it but it's proof we can still be somewhat stylin' from time to time. ;)
So the party was at the casino which is about 30 minutes from us and to get there it's a pretty small winding road to the freeway...well as we were heading out it started to snow. Yes-that is just our luck, but we had Nicole staying at our house and the kids were going to bed,we were in no hurry and we figured it would stop before too long. Boy were we wrong.....it snowed and snowed, and snowed the whole time we were gone, by the time we left there it was about 4 inches on the top of our car. I know that it really does not seem too bad but in Washington everyone panics because nobody know what to do on slick roads. So we headed out through the storm, (all the while it has not gotten above about 22 degrees) and all was fine until we get to our neighborhood which is built on a huge mountain, there were roads blocked, cars slid off everywhere, and even in 4 wheel drive our car would not stop sliding down the hills....so what do we do....WALK....what else? Justin in his nice slick dress shoes and no coat and I in my high heeled boots headed down the mountain towards home. It was only about 3/4 of a mile and I was quite amused by it all (Justin not so much) which of course was making it even funnier.....but we made it safe and sound. Well we get home and realize that Nicole is stuck at our house because we have no car and she was not driving hers anywhere, so we made up a bed and she stayed the night. This is about the time we were kicking ourselves for not getting a room at the casino and we would have avoided the whole mess. Oh well, it was memorable right??? ;)
The party was fun, I won this huge monkey which is about the cutes thing ever....I hate stuffed animals but for some reason this one just won me over. ;) It says "Got bananas" on the front and is so soft.....Grace has slept with it every night. Little man is probably a little intimidated by it still.
I don't know why???? ;)
The snow is still here, the temp is not supposed to get above 25 degrees for the whole week and Thursday it's supposed to snow again. The kids and I are home bound while Justin takes the car to work (he finally went up the hill and drove it home after they sanded a little bit) although they don't seem to mind a bit. We have a great street for sledding on and today we had Nicole's kids over and they had a ball out there for hours. This is the third winter so far that we have had snow so bad it just shuts everything down. For our neighborhood I guess they have no snow removal equipment available this year....I am not sure why but I am pretty sure people are not very happy about it. Lots of stranded people on the mountain and it's very cold to be walking anywhere. We however are making the most of it and getting things done around the house which feels good, also cooking seems to help with the boredom so the girls and I are making some goodies and trying some new recipes.......we'll see what happens.
Gavin will be 7 months old tomorrow and he is such a joy and blessing to our family I can't even put it into words. He is very busy but is so good, he just jabbers away at his toys and rolls all over the place to get what he needs. He is loving baby food, now he starts to get excited when I put him in his high chair to eat. He finally has a tooth poking through as of last week so that is something new. :) Tonight he was playing with Grace and being so cute that I wanted to get some pictures, well I bring the camera out and he starts pulling this cheese face whenever I would try and get him to smile for me......it was totally cracking us up.
This one is kind of a wink-wink.
He gives such good smooches these days.
She is such a great big sister, what would he do without all the girlie love this boy gets????

And you gotta love those big blue eyes. :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment