We have had such a fun weekend and I have to say "thank you" to Jen and Jackson for coming all this way to see us and spend Halloween. The kids had such a fun time dressing up together and trick or treating, they had their own little "system" of sorts where they knew whose turn it was to ring the doorbell and were very good about waiting and taking turns. Jackson was all about the door to door stuff...there was not a shy bone in his little dinosaur body. He was practically falling into the peoples living rooms and yelling "TRICK OR TREAT!!" before they had even come to the door. He was hilarious to say the least. He is so much fun and though kids will be kids, they really did have a fun time together. Grace was his little buddy and she carted him around on her back and did everything for him, Haylee was more competition so they had some issues at times. All in all a very fun weekend for everyone. Jen and I got out to see a movie which has not happened in a long while for me (Secret Life of Bees.....great show). Over the weekend we did some playing around town and went to the children's museum due to the rain messing up outdoor play. :(
The kids had a few dance parties in the living room...( I put this song on here as a tribute to the little "Gascan Soberg"....thanks for visiting us Jack Jack.)
This is Halloween morning, of course the traditional orange pumpkin pancakes with sprinkles and Grace took her orange lunch to school sporting her orange outfit. :)
A little sit and spin to start the morning.
Here is "little man" wearing his signature orange shirt....his was a naughty monkey. ;)

"All right we're done already!"
So we left the church early and headed to get pizza and to a few neighborhoods, after everyone had some food we were much happier and the night ended on a very fun note. The kids came home and went through their candy stash and all the memories came flooding back.......until next year. :)
The rest of the weekend we just played, Saturday the weather was beautiful and quite warm so we took the kids to the park and the board walk. Saturday started with this fun game of "run away before Justin towel snaps you"....very fun (at least for the man holding the towel) and one that gets played in this house a LOT! Poor Jackson....
run......
Look at this face......what a ham. :)
This is Haylee's photography while we were out to eat.......
I also found out this weekend that my Great Grandma (mam ma) of almost 110 years old passed away in her sleep last Thursday. I know that she was really ready to go but it still can make me sad to think that she was my last living Grandma and the wondering how long she will hold on is over and that seems strange. My girls got to meet her and I have pictures of them with her so that makes me happy. I can only hope that the world will be that good to my family. What a great story she got to tell, she was an incredible woman. :)


2 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend. The kids looked cute and like they had a lot of fun together. I'm glad Jen was able to come up for a visit. Sorry to hear about your Great Grandma...110 years old. Wow.
You guys your kids are so freakin cute. I have not seen you all in so so long. I miss you guys. Congrats on the little boy by the way. I hope to see you all very soon. THey look adorable in their costumes. Love you guys!
Post a Comment