So we ventured out last night and bought ourselves a new vacuum.......that was interesting because the only one I have ever owned was bought as a Christmas present for us so therefore I know NOTHING about vacuums. (except that I want a Dyson Slim in the sometime distant future) We ended up with an open box model that had just been returned and it was saving us $20.00 and was perfectly good (so they said) and we were sold! Got home and Justin opened it up to find it was mildewy smelling and dirty, there was sand in the box, hair and dirt left inside the canister and looked like it had been used for some pretty serious clean up and then returned....never to be inspected again before placing back in the box and then WE come along and take it home. SO.....today I marched back in to Best Buy and gave them a not-so-nice "I want this brand new for the same price argument" and he just looked at me and said, (oh so calmly),...."Ok"!!!! HUH???? Not even an argument? I was very proud of myself and then he has to go and be nice. I felt a little foolish afterward because I could have been a little less "angry customer" and more of an "it's not his fault Hannah" kind of person but I was really determined to get this new vacuum at the same price and I thought if I wasn't feisty than they would never go for it. Justin will be putting it together tonight and I can finally vacuum my carpet with something other than an attachment hose. Thank goodness for new carpet when you don't have a vacuum huh? :) We are grateful for the warranty this time that I will actually stick to (yes Bonnie I will) and someday I will get my Dyson.....oh happy day!!!
That was our first project, second is I got a sewing machine that actually works! Justins Grandpa fixed one up for me like brand new and it runs so smoothly and is so quiet, I have already got all my little projects done that were piling and now I am on to a boppy cover. I ordered one for cheap and am going to try and copy the pattern.....ha ha.....I am laughing at myself because here I know NOTHING about sewing and am just going to teach myself to do it. I figured if I get cheap material than I am really not out of any money and I am learning from my own mistakes.....and then I have lots of family members that can do "clean up" when they visit on all of my bombed projects. :) I will post some pictures as I go just in case someone wants to buy something from me.....he he he he he......boppy covers anyone????
I am also posting a new belly pic, it does not look that different than the last one but I am trying to just do it monthly. I feel good, I hate being pregnant but it's going by really fast so that is good. He moves all the time too so that is helping me to enjoy it a little more. So far names we have been thinking are: (with Michael being the middle name)
Jacob
Gavin
Cayson...I love this one but Justin is not a big fan
Logan
Joseph
Dylan
Really nothing is grabbing us yet, I think we are still in shock that's it's actually a boy....."we'll believe it when we see it" kind of a thing. So I will keep posting as we are thinking, feel free to offer any advice or names you may think of. This is today
Thursday, January 17, 2008
The to do's.....
Posted by Hannah at 3:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Cayson!! Next I would have to say Dylan. I think boy names are harder than girls names! I really like Cayson though.
Aren't new vacuums fun?! I love to vacuum now with ours. Did I mention I like name Cayson?!
You are a very cute Preg. YOu are so tiny with a little bump! did you get vrey big with the girls? Byt he way did I mention I liked the name Cayson, hehe!
Hi Hannah! I figured out my login and password so I can start leaving comments again. You do such a great job on this blog. Heather and I read them daily! You look good. Kiss your girls for me and Naomi.
I don't care for Cayson. Sorry. Tell Justin this sis in law will side with him! :)I like Jacob and Joseph. I guess it doesn't really matter, as long as he's healthy. Don't roll the eyes! :)
We are good. Naomi has learned to write the letter N. She has also memorized her first Scripture, Phil 4:13. SO CUTE.
Love you all!
Ohhhh I love Cayson! It goes so great with Grace and Haylee. But that is just me :) I know having people tell you what they like doesn't really help you, LOL. Maybe it will start growing on Justin.
You are so adorable pregnant that you kill me!
Post a Comment