Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Grace turns 12

How does one know they have a teenager (almost) in their home???  You break out the camera and try to get a few pictures of the birthday said boy or girl and if they hide their face and make shrieking sounds like you are threatening them with a knife that's a pretty good indication you're in trouble. ;)

Mine is not even a teenager yet we still have one more year to go but you would think she's going on 16!!  Lord have mercy........


I decorated with the intention of trying to make things look a little more grown up and not so "toddler"-ish???  It was a simple color scheme and not too many decorations, I thought we pulled it off nicely.

She was excited to celebrate! (or for the doughnuts?)



 She was cursing me right then and trying not to "look" like that's what she was doing. ;)

 I even ordered a stripper for breakfast. ;)

We headed out for lunch that afternoon at one of our favorite places to stop when we are heading to or from the lake, Capone's! YUM!!  It's a little divey but we like places like that and greasy cheap food along with good beer selection is how we do things and are not afraid to admit it!

Kids that still smile with their mom for selfies.......

And the "said" teenager that thinks I am killing her slowly!  Lovely eh?

See the head still bowed in shame?  I am not exaggerating people!!!  This was after a failed/freezing attempt at a birthday swim at the lake, we were all bummed out by then so we headed home to have CAKE!

I guess cake makes her smile. ;)
 A delicious lemon curd filled cake with homemade strawberry frosting was what she requested and was pleasantly surprised (and amazed) that her mom pulled it off.  She didn't actually say that but I could tell she wanted to.

 This was kind of a bummer birthday and we felt bad that with all the family stuff and sickness we were dealing with that she got a little over shadowed.  :(  We love this girl even with the attitude that comes along with her these days.  She is a tender hearted thing that wears it on her sleeve for all to see and we are so proud of the student/friend/daughter/young woman she is becoming.  Happy 12th birthday sweet Gracie girl we love you so so so very much!!!!

0 comments: