Seems like I am always playing catch up these days and I am not sure why??? Maybe it's because it takes me that long to actually have something to blog about??? Not sure how people do this EVERY day!!
This is winter break when the community had some free events that I took the kids to so we could get out of the house. (They must know people are poor right after Christmas and won't pay a million dollars for their kids to ice skate....weird!) So Grace (looking a lot like Shaun White) and Haylee got two full days of ice skating and swimming fun while Gavin and I just (froze out butts off) watched. ;)
We had to get some exercise in where we could so the kids perfected yoga "down at the farm". Haylee was there to get towels, water, rugs???
Then the girls and I did some cooking for New Years eve which was totally laid back and nice this year. Grace and I were the only two that lasted till 12 and woke Justin up with about 5 seconds to spare. ;) We are party ANIMALS! Probably a food coma?
I had my 31st birthday a week later and this was my birthday banner the kids made me and had hanging when I woke up.
Cards and breakfast with my coffee hot and ready.
Then Justin took me to dinner and we tried a delicious new place with fondue and famous caesar salads.......so good! We have already been back for seconds. ;) I had a lovely day.
We got some snow to report finally as well. Lots of snow! The kids had a whole week off and it was so nice to have them home and hearing them outside with neighbors playing and sledding. I can only remember one or two times we had a snow day growing up and it was never this much.
Out on the deck taken from the door.
Next up on our winter schedule:
Just looking through these pictures makes me excited to take the kids back. We had so much fun!
Our room was big and spacious perfect for Grandpa and Grandma to fit in with us.
Bed room:
Living room area in the back and two queen beds:
Nice big kitchen area:
Of course lots of swimming and playing means lots of big appetites so we had to have lots of munchies. ;)
Gavin likes to bond with his food before he sinks his teeth in.
They have a fun story time a few times a day and we took the kids right before bed to listen. Gavin learning the "wolf shuffle".
After story time they make it snow in the lobby and it was so fun to see their faces light up and get so excited! It truly was an amazing time and the kids were so thankful and excited that they got to go, one Christmas gift we won't soon forget.
The camera was put away the whole time due to mostly water activities going on but we managed a few group shots before heading back on the road. It was so fun to have Mike and Bonnie with us to make those memories. Hopefully we'll be back before too long with the whole family!
We even managed a trip to Cabelas and Ikea during the weekend.
So......happy 2012 to all of you. This is how mine is looking so far! ;)
0 comments:
Post a Comment