Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring break and Easter

Our spring break was pretty uneventful this year other than the occasional pampering sessions that we held on the deck. The girls really got in to character when I treated them to a "spa day" which really only lasted about 45 min and consisted of manicures and pedicures. They wanted massages but I said our masseuse was not working that day. (what I really wanted to say was "join the club"!) They were pretending that they were college girls on spring break and this was their first time getting pedicures done. We were toasting glasses of sparkling squirt with raspberries while snacking on various crackers, cheeses, and fruits. ;) They were very cute and it makes me excited to have them to just hang out with and do "girl" stuff as they get older. Now having Gavin I don't feel so bad having girl days because Justin has someone to hang out with. Let's just hope I will meet their "cool" standards and they will want to be seen with me.



Easter weekend was very quiet for us this year and we pretty much hung around the house and were lazy. The weather was terrible so that did not help. Our neighborhood has something for the kids so we did do that and we dyed our eggs too. The girls were very into it this year and it's hard to sneak anything past them. We had to pull out all the stops. Cookies, cupcakes, candy, eggs, egg hunts, we did it all!

I told Haylee it was a coloring contest and she had to do her very best.......holy cow.....I had to DRAG her away she was SO into it, this girl loves her coloring and who knows, maybe she might actually win! :)
All of the adults were under shelter while the kids got soaked at an attempt to get about 4 eggs.


Haylee did however find the "golden" egg so she had to follow this man to find out what that meant.........she was not sure about that.

Haylee and her prize that happened to be a large chocolate bunny and tootsie rolls, the only kind of candy Haylee will not eat. (Grace was more than happy to take it off her hands though so no worries)
Coloring eggs.




This is what Gavin was doing when we were busy with the eggs and not looking.
The eyeball egg......Wendy I guess it is a family thing. ;)
The best part about this picture is she was doing her full belly laugh and was trying not to gag and spit it out.
Bunny ears.....how appropriate. ;)

The Easter loot.

6:00 am they were up and at em'


Early morning hunting.
Found them all
On the way to church I was looking back and my cute kids and thinking that they looked so pretty all dressed up and Grace just looked so big to me. Sometimes it just hits me that she is not a little toddler anymore. Wearing my lip gloss and everything I just wanted to squeeze her she looked so sweet.
And my boys that looked so handsome in their matching colors.
This is good as they got.
Poor Haylee wearing big sister clothes because Mom forgot to get her a matching top with her new skirt.....sorry Haylee, you're still cute.
We went over to a friends house for dinner and had a very nice time. I wanted a picture of this because someday I am stealing this idea, I LOVE the wagon being used as a toy box, it looked so cute in their house.
Gavin was in heaven with all the new toys.
Then all the kiddos were breakin' out the dance moves.

Overall it was a very nice weekend. :) Happy Easter everyone.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Easter looked fun! I love the college girls with their martini glasses and painted nails. Gavin is getting so big. I bet Justin is loving having a son. Miss you guys!