Monday, January 19, 2009

Can I still say "newborn" at 8 months?????

I don't know why but I still assume that I have a newborn and this weekend marked 8 months for this big boy.At what point are they not a newborn anymore but a sort of toddler/baby??? He is so much fun and with NO attempt to crawl it's wonderful that he is still so content all the time. His sisters can not get enough of him and he could really care less what the do TO him. He is still not sleeping through the night and it's getting a little tiring.....I can get past the 11:30 crying but in the middle of the night when I am tired it's another story. I keep telling myself that it won't last forever but chances are I am creating a monster and it will not get better any time soon.......I guess we saved the hardest for last. ;) I did hear however that if you create some sort of "comfort" for the baby to sleep with the transition can be a little easier. So Haylee and I headed off to Build a Bear and got him a very cute new monkey. I don't know what my obsession is with monkeys and this boy but they are just so cute together. :)


Other than sleeping he is super sweet and happy most of the time. He loves to eat and has done really well with all the things we have tried so far. He drinks out of his little sippy cup and has started picking up his little cereal pieces and getting them to his mouth. :) I know this stuff is not that exciting to someone other than his parents but since this is sort of like a family journal it helps me keep track.

This is him clapping and giving kisses, we don't have sound on our camera though.....too bad because then we could hear what Haylee is whining about. ;)



The girls are doing great! Grace is FINALLY back to school (just to have today off again) and she is enjoying being back with her friends and a routine. She is getting into a bit harder school work now and has really had to focus so the break was nice but the weather made the break TOO long and now we are really scrambling to get her caught back up. She is a trooper though and Justin and I both have had to back off a little bit and remember that it's only first grade......she isn't studying for SATs or anything. ;) She has lost two more teethe down on the bottom and her top ones are about to be gone any day.

She is such a great big sister and loves to help out with Gavin. She watches him for me while I get things done and will just sit and play with him forever. It's nice that she does it with a good attitude and not like she HAS to. Even when we are having issues with listening (which is happening often lately) she is still very happy to be a big sister.

Haylee is getting so independent and so grown up. She is a little mom and loves to help me around the house, it's funny how girly she is and loves to be dressed up all the time. She is very particular about how she wears her hair and outfit, and is always asking for dresses and skirts. It's fun though to have a girly girl who is also not afraid to get dirty and play.

So that is the update on us. Have a great week!

1 comments:

Kristin said...

It's always fun to get an update on your cute family!!